Steele Indian School Park, Phoenix, AZ

Steele Indian School Park is a historic park located in Phoenix, Arizona. The park is named after the former Steele Indian School that was located on the site. The school was a boarding school for Native American children from 1891 to 1990. The park is now a popular spot for picnics, hiking, and bird-watching. The Steele Indian School was established in 1891 by the Bureau of Indian Affairs. The school was originally located on the site of the current park but moved to a new location in 1902. The school was a boarding school for Native American children from all over the United States. The children were taught English and were required to attend church. The school was closed in 1990. Information can be found here.

The park is now a popular spot for picnics, hiking, and bird-watching. The park has a playground, picnic tables, and a walking trail. Steele Indian School Park is a 30-acre (12-hectare) park in Phoenix, Arizona, USA. It is located at the northeast corner of Central Avenue and Indian School Road. The park is named for the former Phoenix Indian School, which operated on the site from 1891 to 1990. The park features a playground, a basketball court, a volleyball court, a picnic area, a walking trail, and a dog park. The Phoenix Indian School Heritage Center is located in the park. The center features exhibits on the history of the Phoenix Indian School and the students who attended the school. See here for information about Desert Storm Park, Phoenix, AZ. 

.