UNTIL WE WIN
DOG BITE & ANIMAL ATTACK ATTORNEY
Las Vegas and Phoenix are home to a sizable population of pet dogs as well as a significant number of exotic animals including monkeys and lions.
Regardless of whether an animal is domesticated, certain circumstances may result in it attacking a person and causing severe injuries or even wrongful death. If you were hurt or a family member died due to a dog bite or animal attack, the Powerhouse Injury Attorneys are ready to help you pursue just financial compensation.
Steps to Follow after an Animal Attack
Dog bites and attacks by exotic pets are often the result of the owner negligence. If you or a loved one suffers harm in a dog or exotic pet attack, taking the following steps can help support your personal injury lawsuit:
- Seek immediate medical attention; if necessary, we can refer you to a physician
- Alert local authorities to report the attack
- Gather contact information for any witnesses
- Identify the animal and owner if possible
- Take photos or video of your injuries and, if possible, the animal and location where the attack occurred
- Do not provide statements to the animal’s owner or caretaker
- Do not provide statements to the insurance company of the animal’s owner or caretaker
- Do not sign any documentation from insurance providers
Compensation in Animal Attack Cases
A dog bite or animal attack can cause both serious injury and lingering emotional trauma. Financial compensation in animal attack injuries may include money for:
- Medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Pain and suffering
- Psychological counseling
If you were hurt or a family member was killed in an animal attack, please contact us for your free case consultation. Our dog bite and animal attack attorneys can meet you at your hospital room or home to discuss your legal options with you. We value lifelong clients, if you have been injured in an accident we want to be the one firm you call.
- Economic damages are those that can be assigned a fixed monetary value. They include the repair or replacement of your vehicle, your medical expenses that are related to the accident, and your future and past earnings.
- Noneconomic damages are meant to compensate you for damages that cannot be assigned a fixed monetary value. They include your mental anguish if you suffer a mental or physical impairment, your pain and suffering, and your loss of the ability to enjoy life.
- Punitive damages can be assessed to punish someone where that was an intent to inflict harm, the driver was guilty of reckless endangerment, or the driver was driving under the influence or guilty of another type of criminal misconduct. An attorney who has extensive experience in the area of auto accident law can be an extremely valuable member of your team.